Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thai Time...Undivided

A couple weeks ago I was reading Psalm 86 at the mall before I started work, and I have been continually being reminded of it ever since. I have read that particular Psalm a bunch of times before that no one section in it has ever stood out so greatly to me. I love the way the Lord works. Every time you read the same verse, you learn something different and the Lord shows you something else through it.

Pslam 86:11
"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name."

I meditated on that one verse all day at work. I just repeated "give me an undivided heart" over and over again. Through repetition the Lord started to reveal to me ways that my heart is divided. The goal is that our hearts would be completely the Lord's and that He was give you the capacity to love and experience other things.

I feel like over the past couple months I have just been so busy with stuff that I have forgotten that the Lord is the one that makes it possible to love and be loved. He's the one that makes being productive at work possible. He's the one that gives me time in the day to get everything done that I need to get done and He supplies me with the tools to do it all.

Psalm 86: 13, 15
"For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave. But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."

God is the only person, place, or thing worth giving our hearts completely too. We forget that, through marriage and relationship and friendship and careers and even doing what the Lord has called you to do. Those are all blessings and desires the Lord has for us, but they ALWAYS come secondary to HIM!

I have given little pieces of my heart away to people, things, stuff, and doing what the Lord wants. It could be a very small and subtle piece, but you know what a bunch of small and subtle pieces lead up to??? A divided heart.

So my prayer over the past couple weeks has been pretty simple.
"Lord show me where my heart is divided. Give me strength to take back my heart. Most of all Lord, GIVE ME AN UNDIVIDED HEART."

2 comments:

LuLu (a.k.a. Cyndi) said...

So So true and a great reminder for all of us. Thanks Kristie!

Diana said...

You always amaze me with how much wisdom is overflowing from such a tiny (adorable) person. This is why you need to blog more, and yet also why when you blog it doesn't matter how long it's been!

Love you!