Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Praise the Lord, O my soul

So, I am one of the most horrible bloggers of all time! I'm working on getting better...I really am...I have been feeling like my life is completely crazy. I am going, going, going...balancing this and that and juggling the other thing too; between work and church and family and relationships and everything else it leaves not a lot of time.

So tonight I was reading Psalm 103 and few things that both beat me in the face and encouraged me. So I figured I'd share them with you...

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits - who forgives all your sins, and heals all your diseases, and redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things..."
- Psalm 103:1-5a

This just reminded me that the Lord not only sees me, but sees me and loves me anyway. He sees my bad attitude, my frustration, my selfishness, my sometimes bitter heart; and forgives, heals, redeems, and satisfies my soul.

He created me and formed me and knows me. "He knows how we are formed and remembers we are dust (vs.14)." God knows our innermost parts, thoughts, desires, issues, and sin. He sees it all and is so loving and compassionate and full of grace to completely forget it ever happened. That brings me so much joy and peace. Peace knowing that I am found in my Daddy's arms and safe in Him and joy knowing that His grace and mercy is new for me everyday.

PRAISE THE LORD, O MY SOUL, PRAISE THE LORD!!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Diana said...

Always a blessing with yiur insight and the heart it is birthed from. I love you! (And am always happy to see you blogging!... but no pressure!)