Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Famished

So today is day 5 of my reading throuh the bible in a year regiment. I realized today and over he last couple of days how much I have been missing the Word.

I have definitely not been as diligent as I could or should be in reading the word. Today when I was reading in Genesis through a bunch of names that at time resemble mismatched letters all jumbled together with no spaces and called a word/name...that even through the frustration of reading all those names I feel a little less famished; just for reading.

I felt like I was starving but couldn't figure out what I was hungry for...now I know. I was famished for the word. I feel like I am being satisfied now, and it's only been 5 days...

And everyday I read and blog and journal and allow the Lord to speak to me, I get more excited for the next day and the day after that!

No comments: