Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thankfulness

So today's reading took to the story of Simon's mother-in-law. When I was reading I was particularly taken with the bit that said Jesus healed her and she immediately got up and began to wait on them.

I was just thinking about how good God is to provide food, clothing, shelter, financial provision and also spiritual provision and all of our physical needs. How thankful am I really? I mean I am amazingly thankful but is that reflected through my actions. How readily do I serve the Lord and His people?

Through the overflow of Simon's mother-in-law's thankfulness she immediately got up and started serving them. I want to be like...so thankful for the provision and care that He gives me that I am always drawn to serve those around me.

I have so much to be thankful for I want to wake up and immediately wait on the Lord.

No comments: