Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's true...God is really AWESOME!!!

“My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.”

I read this bit in Psalm 119 this morning. Talk about a peace giving scripture. I had kind of a rough day yesterday with missing my dad and just feeling a little out of sorts and kind of defeated a little. My stomach is still killing me, and my dad isn’t here to ask me what I ate and tell me I’m gross…I know that sounds weird, but my dad had two staple responses to things of a medical nature. “Well, what did you eat?” and “Just take some ibuprofen and put some ice on it.”

Things were just really weighing on me this morning. I felt it in my whole body and it wasn’t just because I was REALLY sore from my brick carrying yesterday. My heart hurt a little when I woke up. It wasn’t extreme and I didn’t feel depressed or anything like that, just out of sorts.

So, I wake up feeling like that and I read, “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.” And then I starting thinking about all the promises of the Lord and how amazingly faithful He really is. Blessing after blessing are promised to His children. Peace, grace, mercy, love, friendship, joy, strength, shelter, fruitfulness, healing, restoration, reconciliation, the list goes on and on and on. My comfort is found in those things, in the promises of the Lord. Those things preserve my life. I don’t have to be weighed down by feelings of sadness or anger because my life is held up in the hands of the Lord. My comfort in the midst of suffering is Him and ALL that He is.

It doesn’t say that I won’t feel suffering or sadness, simply that in the midst of that, He knows. I find great comfort in knowing that the Lord is perfectly ok with me feeling exactly the way that I feel. I know that when I bring those emotions and feelings to where they belong, at the foot of the cross and with Jesus, He is delighted to take them. That is a promise and it absolutely preserves my life. It gives me comfort and joy unspeakable, even in the dark times, because in my suffering He is there and in my joy, He is there. Always constant, always present, always faithful, always kind, always loving, ALWAYS EVERYTHING!!! So, I hope that you find encouragement in that.



I love you all and I will check in again later and hopefully post some more pictures. We are going shopping at China Town tomorrow so that should be a good time.

Please pray that me and my stomach stop fighting and also that the Lord would continue to use this time to encourage me and fill me up!

1 comment:

LuLu (a.k.a. Cyndi) said...

Kristy, I was so encouraged by what you said. What an amazing woman of God you have become. I am so proud of you. I can hear your Dad saying those things to you, with that slight bit of sarcasm peeking through but still in his own compassionate way. I miss him dearly too. I know my pain hasn't and never will be as great as yours, so it is encouraging to know how strong you are and where you are finding that strength. I love you!