Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's true...pictures, pictures, and more!

Hey all! I kind of have a lot to cover...it's been a few days and we've done a few things. So here is kind of the rundown of what I have been up to for the past little while. We went shopping in China Town, did more construction, I got really sick, saw Hellboy 2, played Uno at the Ram University and met some new people, went shopping at the Night Bizarre (and watched a lady boy sing Kelly Clarkson...), went to the floating market and rode an elephant.
It's been a busy few days for sure!

So first off...Friday, we headed to China Town, to see some sights and do some shopping. Everywhere we have been shopping has just been too overwhelming. There is just entirely too much stuff, I don't know what to do with it all and I have no idea...my brain is hurting after the all the shopping we've been doing the last few days. So, what I am going to do tomorrow? Oh yeah, that's right...SHOPPING!!!

We have also been doing more work on the new building. It's very exciting to be involved in that process, even if it is just in a small way. I was here before they even started to break ground and I got to see the vision and the goal when it was only in the planning phase and now to be a part of the actually progress has been really great. We haven't been doing anything extreme or even anything that is the immediately seen but still. The fact that we have been able to help them by doing things that just simply take a lot of time to do is cool.

Oh so here's the deal with me getting sick...I'm not quite sure how it happened or what happened exactly, all I know is that I spent the night with a fever, cold sweat, and everything expelling itself from my body...gross and not cool at all! We went to pizza company after working on the building I ate half of piece of pepperoni pizza (w/no sauce) and started to feel really sick. I threw up in the bathroom at the mall, went home, threw up everything I had eaten all day (which wasn't much) and then crawled into bed feeling like junk. I woke up the next morning feeling LOADS better...not great but WAY better, so praise God for that! I am still having stomach issues so if you could all keep that in prayer that would be awesome!

Yesterday, we went with the team from Hawaii to Ram University. The goal was to build relationship, invite people to church, and just hang out. So we brought Uno with us and just hung out with students. We talked and a couple tried to play the "guess what nationality I am" game...they totally thought that I was European. Funny.

Last night we went to the night bizarre. More of the same stuff...I really need to make a list or something of things I would like to buy so I don't seem like a deer in headlights when I actually go shopping...I should definitely do that as soon as I finish this...

and today...we went to the FLOATING MARKET! Yeah. I took so many pictures because really the floating market is one of my favorite places. It's just so awesome and great! It's just such a cool place to relax and enjoy the view.

After we left the floating market we headed for the ELEPHANTS...have I told you all lately that I heart elephants??? I really do. They are just my favorite. This time around we had some trouble though. We had a hard time getting a good price and when we did, we didn't get to do the same stuff we did last time. We kind of had a hard time getting them to let Kirstin ride on the actual elephant but our guy finally let her do it right at the end, so that was sweet!
There was another elephant that was totally dancing...I mean just rockin' out to some techno music. It was sooooo cute. Cindy was trying to dance with him and he totally booted her (forcefully) out of his dance party! Overall, it was a really good of relaxing and hanging out. Just being with friends!

Now for some pictures...I was going to put the pictures with the paragraphs but it was getting a little confusing to keep track of what was going on so I just wrote first and now it's picture time! Here are some pictures from pretty much everything in the last few days and then some...

So...let's start with this! "If it swims...we have it!"
I don't think I really need to say much about that except...AWESOME!!!


Me, Elena, and Cindy


China Town!


Me and Cindy!

This is what we have been doing...making this little concrete molds...apparently they are going to support the floor once it goes in or something like that. Guess which side was done by me...Miss OCD???

There is a rooster living in the building with the construction team.
I guess it's quite friendly too and at some point, I'm almost positive that it will be food...

Some new friends from University...playing Uno

Me and Oh...I really love her!

YEAH!!! ELEPHANTS!!!

Me and Kirstin up onto of our sweet little elephant.


I just love them soooo much and no...I wasn't actually kissing it...that would be gross!
You don't even know how dirty these lovely animals are...

Me, Kirstin and my lovely long lost friend Sarah Jane.
Just floating around the floating market.


Floating Market...one of the greatest places ever.
Perfect for picture taking!

The crew...Chris, Kristen, Sarah Jane, Me, Cindy, and Kirstin.
Lovely!

Me and Sarah Jane.
I do love her so...


Ok so, I am heading to see BATMAN!!!! YES!!!!
I will write about the retreat (which was totally awesome) tomorrow and I'll post some more pictures. I have sooooooo many. It's ridiculous! So I will get on making those available for everybody to check out.

No comments: